Monday, July 30, 2012

Wedding 'Party' Cake



Two weeks ago and girl from my work came to me about a cake. She explained that her friend was getting married, but it was going to be small so her a bunch of her girlfriends were throwing her a reception before to celebrate. She told me they wanted a two-tiered cake that could pass as a wedding cake, but without all the frills. I told her I could do it and asked her to give me a little direction in terms of color and flavor, but she let me take the reigns when it cake to the design.



This might be the only wedding cake I ever make, because even without BRIDEZILLA breathing down my neck I was still stressed out, trying to make it look perfect! All whining aside, it was a great experience; I got to practice some gumpaste flowers again, and practice tiered cakes which I hadn't done since my pastry classes. I did a traditional vanilla cake with vanilla swiss buttercream. I dyed some of the buttercream peach and piped a free hand filigree around both tiers. The cake is topped with a small cluster of flowers and one on the bottom tier to tie the cake together. Although it was stressful, I really enjoyed this cake!

Next week, a globe cake....

No comments:

Post a Comment