Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pink Ombre Cake


I was recently asked to make a cake for a wedding shower that was happening at work. I was told that the bride's favorite color was pink and since I had nothing but ruffles on my mind from two previous cakes I had made, I decided to keep going with that theme but in a slightly different direction.



I figured doing an ombre ruffle would really up the wow factor. I've never done ombre icing, but after googling several images I figured I could pull it off. I started by piping a couple white ruffles at the top and then slowly started adding food coloring, piping a few rows and then adding more. Everyone who attended the shower figured that I must have airbrushed the cake, because the color change was so gradual. Overall I really like the effect and I think it would work for any color. 


No comments:

Post a Comment