Friday, July 15, 2011

Peach & Blueberry Cobbler


So in my last post I mentioned how my family is addicted to chocolate and how I can never pass up a recipe involving the decadent ingredient. Well, I could see my dad was getting kind of tired of the rich, chocolatey goodness (i know, CRAZY). So I decided that I would make him a cobbler, one of his favorite desserts. He had just gone down to North Carolina and on the way home he stopped by a fruit stand and picked up a massive amount of peaches. Needless to say we've been making a lot of recipes with peaches, including a peach salsa recipe that I'll have to share later. There were also some blueberries left in the fridge from a previous recipe so I figured I'd throw it all into these cute little ramekins and bake it up.

Peach Blueberry Cobbler


4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp light brown sugar
4 oz cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix filling ingredients together and divide into 4 ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes.

2. While filling is baking put together the biscuit dough together. Mix the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt together. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry cutter until it reaches the cornmeal consistency.

3. Pour in buttermilk and vanilla, and mix until just combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.

4. Take the ramekins out of the oven and scoop some biscuit dough onto the top of each. Smooth it out a little and place the ramekins back in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are brown.

5. Allow to cool slightly before serving...with ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment