Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Petal Cake



Last year, around this time, I was reading The Pioneer Woman's blog like it was my job. Every morning I would open up Safari (yes, that's what I use!) and would go to her blog and gawk at all of the delicious recipes she would post. Every now and then she would give a shot out the other bloggers by featuring their posts. She did an Easter round up post, and that's when I fell in love with the Easter Egg Cake. A beautiful cake with pretty pastels and perfect for the beginning of spring.




Now I will admit that when I first made this cake, I used a box mix.... I know blasphemy! But I was young and unaware that there were actually good homemade white cake recipes. I also, did a simple American Buttercream, because, quite frankly, the Swiss Buttercream scared me! Now, a year older, I made the cakes from scratch and decorated them with an idea I found on Pinterest (isn't that where I get all my good ideas?!) The cake definitely wows a crowd and would be perfect for Easter dinner or any spring party you're planning on having. Another variation, 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment